Why Spintech is a good fit for EU agencies
18 May 2021
Ukraine is one of the most dynamically growing IT outsourcing and outstaffing hubs in Europe and worldwide. The reasons for this situation are multiple, the most prominent are as follows:
- Geographical proximity to customers,
- Strong technical background of developers,
- Favorable taxation for the IT industry,
- Good English fluency on average,
- Proven history of a successful partnership with world-leading technology providers like Microsoft, Google, Samsung, Boeing, etc.
Thus said, if your business is looking for outsourcing or outstaffing IT services — Ukraine might be the best bet. And should you choose to partner with Spintech — you will gain instant access to an immense pool of talents. Keep on reading to find out how we can help reach your business objectives and accomplish your projects.
Ukraine IT industry market overview
There are more than 600 higher education institutions in Ukraine. Above 1,4 million learners study there. More than 30,000 graduates from technical HEIs join the workforce every year.
This results in the rapid growth of the Ukrainian IT industry, which currently employs more than 200,000 specialists. based on the data from DOU, the leading Ukrainian IT-related portal, 35% of all IT specialists in Ukraine are senior-level, 35% are middle-level talents and 30% are aspiring juniors.
These specialists have hundreds of combined man-years of expertise with all currently used programming languages and technologies, from PHP and Java all the way to DevOps, IoT development, and blockchain. Thus said you will surely be able to compose a team for any project in Ukraine.
Main collaboration models: outsourcing and outstaffing
However, gathering such a team is not as easy as it might seem, as these specialists are rarely unemployed. Thus, you will have to either headhunt for them or rent ready teams from local agencies like Spintech. There are two main approaches to this process:
- Outsourcing, where you delegate some business responsibility entirely to our team and we deliver the results according to the contract and/or SLA. In this case, the team management overhead, progress control, and reporting are on our side.
- Outstaffing, where our specialists join your teams remotely to fulfill some tasks and your project managers have to assign tasks and oversee their execution.
Both models enable our customers to get the desired results on time, but there are some significant differences:
- Outsourcing is best used when you lack expertise entirely and need to have end-to-end work done. For example, audit of MVP after previous contractors work, optimization, refactoring, and release of a working product. Other scenarios include long-term commitments like DevOps services, QA and testing, server administration, etc.
- Outstaffing, on the other hand, is one of the variants of remote employment, when the team that delivers a certain range of services to a client is actually a third-party service provider (an outsourcing agency). This company acts as an employer, and is responsible for payroll, benefits, office amenities, and equipment, while the customer only issues tasks to the specialists
Spintech — a reliable technology partner
Spintech works with both approaches. We have an experienced team in-house, which can form a backbone for any project, and we have in-depth knowledge of the market, enabling us to hire any required specialists and fulfill team all roles quickly. In some cases, we were able to hire a Team lead within a week and form a team in under a month.
Alternatively, we can outstaff our specialists to remotely work as a part of your in-house team. We have a wide range of talents able to assist with all aspects of software delivery, from design and coding to DevOps release automation and ongoing maintenance.
Most importantly, as these specialists are hired and housed by Spintech, you don’t have to spend time and effort on things like:
- candidate sourcing and recruitment
- worktime control and statistics, remuneration and benefits
- HR tasks: days off, paid and unpaid sick leaves monitoring, vacations, etc.
- workplace maintenance, furniture, computers, and servers, utility costs
- Team building, internal education, holidays, etc.
Instead, Spintech adds a certain management fee to your contract costs, but it pays for itself tenfold in the long run, as you are free from managerial overhead.
Should a specialist fall ill, require a vacation, decide to quit our employment, or go on paternity leave, Spintech guarantees rapid replacement with equal or better talent, so your project outcomes don’t suffer.
Spintech continuously analyzes feedback both from our customers and developers to help establish seamless communication. This way you keep the hand on the pulse of the project without dedicating time to micromanagement. Our purpose-built internal HR system helps us track hours worked, manage the payroll, and gather feedback from all parties.
To further reduce operational overhead, we dedicate a manager to every customer. You can communicate with the manager on any issues that arise and solve any questions in a timely and efficient manner.
This way, Spintech provides immense business value by taking care of all the processes under the hood. As our customer, you enjoy streamlined project management and can concentrate on growing your business while we handle the tasks you delegate to us.
Conclusions: why Spintech?
Spintech is a reliable technology provider capable of fielding senior-level IT specialists' teams and building them from scratch quickly. Due to mature processes and polished workflows, we can select the most appropriate team composition and technology stack for any project, form a productive team and produce the deliverables on time. Should you need long-term assistance or team augmentation — we can lend a hand with that too.
Contact us with any inquiries and we will help you reach your objectives!